Smiles matter, probably more than we realize. Volumes of research confirm the influential role of smiles on our relationships and our self-esteem. If you’re confident, you smile more. If you smile more, you feel more confident. But what if you don’t want to flash your smile because you’re embarrassed by bad teeth? It becomes a psychological short-circuit, with effects that may ripple through your life. Fortunately, a growing range of options opens doors for anyone to enjoy a stunning new smile. And Dr. Aponte’s passion for enhancing smiles brings you the best in modern dentistry.
Cosmetic dental treatments can:
- Brighten stained or discolored teeth
- Repair cracks or fractures
- Fill gaps between teeth
- Correct overcrowding
- Reshape teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Replace old metallic restorations, such as fillings and crowns
Cavities and small fractures leave many teeth with defects that progress over time if untreated. In the past, metal restorations served a need but left many teeth discolored and strained from the wedging effect of the metal. Today, tooth-colored composites blending into tooth structure provide an excellent option for restoring defects. Composites can often be placed in thinner layers than metal, preserving more of the natural tooth.
Composites serve both functional and aesthetic roles, often at the same time. For example, a cavity invading the front of a tooth along the gum line may be visible in your smile. By gently cleaning out the soft, discolored area the decay ceases to destroy healthy mineral surfaces. And when a composite shade matching the tooth is sculpted into place, the tooth looks better than ever.
Composites contain a mix of liquid resin embedded with finely ground glass particles. After being molded against conditioned tooth structure, blue light applied directly to the composite leads to a firm set within seconds. Shaped and polished, a high shine reflecting the beauty of natural enamel results in an invisible restoration: strong, smooth, conservative.
If you’re confident, you smile more. If you smile more, you feel more confident. But what if you don’t want to flash your smile because you’re embarrassed by yellow teeth?
Sometimes a new smile emerges from the simplest steps. Teeth whitening removes years of dingy stains from your teeth. Coffee, tea, wine, tobacco, and chocolate dull white enamel surfaces. A brilliant boost along with some gentle polishing and reshaping of chipped, uneven edges can create an easy transformation. Simple and safe, most patients don’t realize how much discoloration embeds into their teeth until they see a new shine emerge.
Numerous products crowd supermarket shelves. While we don’t discourage these methods, you may want to consider the advantages of professional whitening:
- Customized system: We offer in-office whitening that removes years of stain within an hour or less. We also can make trays that fit your teeth like a comfortable glove for whitening at home. Together we’ll find the right system for your situation and the best results, sometimes even combining the two methods for maximum short and long-term benefits.
- Controlled gel formulas: We use the highest quality whitening formulas available for safety and consistency: professional strength with careful quality control from known sources. Beware of temperature-sensitive gels stored in uncontrolled environments or made in an unknown setting.
- Sensitivity management: You may experience temporary sensitivity in your teeth while whitening. We have specific strategies for you to use, and will customize the product and method to help you have a comfortable and safe whitening experience.
- Long-term results: Buying a box of whitening strips every few months adds up. A session with us in the office can provide an instant effect that may take days and multiple boxes of strips to obtain. Alternatively, you’ll have a system that should fit for years if you leave with custom trays. A simple refill syringe of gel picked up occasionally from our office allows you to keep your smile fresh for years to come.
Teeth whitening offers a predictable boost to your confidence through the power of a smile. Numerous factors need consideration and evaluation before starting any whitening procedure. Your AquaSprings Dental team draws on years of experience to help deliver a smile boost safely and comfortably.
Modern dentistry offers more options than ever to help you restore and maintain an optimal level of health. While the strength and beauty of materials continue to advance, the skill of the practitioner makes a significant difference in every outcome. Dr. Aponte focuses on utilizing the best techniques for comprehensive care, returning even the most damaged mouths to full health.
Sometimes teeth undergo significant damage due to cavities, heavy bite forces, trauma, or even normal functioning. If a root canal is needed to salvage a severely compromised nerve, the tooth may be especially fragile. Many situations can leave teeth in danger of loss if treatment is bypassed. Dental crowns, or caps, allow these teeth to be rebuilt and covered with materials that mimic nature. Not only are most “capped” teeth indistinguishable from natural teeth, but they’re also extremely secure and comfortable.
Crowns can be crafted to repair a single tooth, multiple teeth (including the entire mouth), or in conjunction with dental implants to fill a space. In fact, when missing teeth enter the equation, special consideration might be given to placing a dental bridge or implants.
One Simple Step
Today’s technology allows us to simplify the delivery of a crown into just one appointment. After gentle shaping of the tooth, detailed digital images captured by a computer give us the data we need to design your new restoration. Powerful software coupled with our training leads to a crown milled from the finest porcelain available, within a few minutes. We bond your new crown firmly into place, and you’ll be on your way! We look forward to introducing you to the difference advanced dental techniques make in your experience!
When we consider the options to preserve even a single broken tooth, we use a conservative philosophy in our approach. Fortunately, modern dental materials open doors to rebuild teeth to full strength less invasively than ever before.
Sometimes teeth undergo significant damage due to cavities, heavy bite forces, trauma, or even normal functioning. Many situations can leave teeth in danger of loss if treatment is bypassed. While teeth may need to be fully “capped” with a dental crown, some smaller fractures can be perfectly formed back to health with an onlay. A crown requires a little more tooth preparation while onlays allow the unbroken portions of a tooth to be left uncut. A custom piece of porcelain, like a partial crown, is bonded to the damaged area.
Onlays blend seamlessly with the natural enamel and enhance both function and appearance. When the most conservative option fits your treatment plan, Dr. Aponte may suggest an onlay for ultimate restoration.